Happy Memorial day weekend! To celebrate it's a week full of grilled this, that and the other thing. The grill isn't just for burgers and dogs though so throw some veggies on there when you get a chance. This is also going to be a week of lots of salads for us as the garden has lots of greens ready to eat.
Monday - Baby back ribs, grilled green beans, baked potato and a green salad.
- If you don't have a grill check out Alton Brown's recipe for ribs.
Tuesday - Grilled flat bread, grilled zucchini and red pepper, yogurt and cucumber, hummus.
- I use a pizza dough recipe for the flat bread, oil up the grates real good and toss it on to cook about 2-3 minutes per side.
Wednesday - Burgers, grilled corn.
- I shuck the corn, rub some oil on it, salt and pepper and toss it on the grill. turn it fairly often or you end up with half raw corn half popcorn.
Thursday - Chicken and Broccoli stir fry, fried rice.
- Use more ginger when you make stir fry, it's good for you and tasty.
Friday - Baked mac and cheese with peas and a green salad.
- Baked mac and cheese is my definition of comfort food and is still one of my favorite meals from growing up. Thanks Mom!