Monday - Weeknight Coq au vin
What is usually a winter dish for us gets called up this week because I have a hankering for braised chicken. We usually make a quick bowl of cous cous on the side to soak up the sauce and a quick green salad. Find the recipe here.
Tuesday - Dump stuff out of cans and call it a salad.
A quick pot of quinoa, can of black beans, some cumin, orange zest, chopped almonds, diced avocado and tomato and a handful of chives and you are ready for dinner. The leftovers make great burritos with some leftover steak or chicken in them.
Wednesday - Burgers, microwave mac and cheese and grilled veggies
I couldn't abandon the grill completely this week and since it's getting fired up I'll quick grill whatever veggies look good at the farmer's market on Sunday at the same time. Meanwhile a quick Mac and Cheese in the microwave will round it out.
Thursday - Spiced Red Lentil Dal, steamed rice and sautéed spinach.
Super easy, super quick and if you are looking to go vegetarian one night a week not a bad option.
Friday - Spaghetti and meatballs
Comfort food food after a busy week. Having some meatballs stashed away in the freezer makes this a ton easier and quicker. If you don't already have a favorite sauce recipe check out this one.
If you read this far you deserve a treat. Pick up some of those peaches this week and try this;
- Split peaches in half, remove stone and brush with a neutral oil.
- Heat grill to high and get the grates good and clean.
- Place peaches cut side down and grill for about 2 minutes, peaches should still be quite firm.
- Flip peaches over and put a cube of butter and 1/2 tsp of brown sugar into each peach.
- Turn grill down to medium and cook until butter and sugar are melted.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.