It's like Family Fued but against ourselves . . in the kitchen

My folks are coming into town this weekend, yeah, to see us and my brother and sister-in-law. When more than 1 of us gets into the same room it pretty much means there is food around, and when it's more than 2 of us it can start to get fancy, some might even say sophisticated. Since I grew up with brothers, and only brothers, we tend to be a little competitive which is of course reaching its way into the kitchen.

This Saturday night there will be, to steal a line from my brother, an Aluminum Chef battle. It's aluminum because you know that other term is copyrighted and our culinary training consists of a Bittman book and Food Network.

We decided on a theme ingredient of pork shoulder* and will each do two courses. No dessert needs to be cooked so we don't have to worry about pork ice cream. So . . I'm soliciting ideas for what to make, I have a few things in mind but I'm always open to suggestion so comment away!

*If you live in the Denver metro area pork shoulder is only eighty-eight cents a pound at Safeway this week which is a mega good deal, go get some!

Comments

Unknown said…
It does not matter what you make.
Jaded said…
i can't stand the suspense. who won?