Recipe: Twice Buzzed Chili

It was a tie in the great Chili cook off of 2008. I'll leave it to Curt to post his recipe, if his site is back up soon. This chile is pretty thick, just the way I like it, and makes a great dip for chips. We serve it with homemade tortillas, sour cream and cheese. It makes up a good amount but freezes well for lunches later.

Ingredients
1 lb ground beef
1 lb Italian sausage
1 onion diced
1 green pepper diced
3 cloves garlic diced
Roasted Chiles to taste, diced (I use 3 or 4 Roasted New Mexico Chiles
2 cans chili beans
1 can tomatoes
1 can corn
1 bottle beer

Directions
Sweat the onion, green pepper and garlic in a little oil with salt and pepper for 10 minutes, add the chiles in the last 2 minutes. Remove veggies from the pan to the crock pot.
Brown the beef and sausage in the skillet until no longer pink, move to the crock pot.
Add chile powder, cumin, oregano, etc. to taste to the crock pot and stir.
Dump all the canned ingredients and beer into the crock pot, cook for at least 8 hours.

Comments

Unknown said…
A tie? Naw I won it. And I won't post my recipe, as it's not really my recipe. Putting "Alton Brown's pressure cooker chili" in your google box should do it.
Unknown said…
Both recipes were good, although I too thought that Curt won-or at least had more "votes". No matter what, it was good eating and great company!
James said…
I guess we'll have to settle it at a future cook off! Maybe iron chef style next time . . . ;)