Recipe: Veggie and Shrimp Pasta

The gist of this was just throwing some veggies in a pan and cooking some pasta, super easy. You can pretty much interchange any veggies that are "in season" or cheap, I like both ;).

Ingredients
12 oz pasta - noodles, shapes, your pick
2 carrots
1 shallot
1 head broccoli (could use zucchini, peas, asparagus or a sturdy leafy green I suppose)
3 Tbsp Olive Oil divided
2 Tbsp chicken stock
1/2 pound shrimp - 30 count
2 Tbsp grated Parmesan

Directions
Cook pasta per directions on box, or your own method, personally I use a blow torch, j/k, but salt the water, it helps
Mince shallot and sweat with a pinch of salt in two Tbsp olive oil for a minute or two in a big skillet over medium heat
Finely dice the carrot and add to the skillet, cook for about 5 minutes
De-vain and shell the shrimp, toss into the pan and cook until the shrimp are just cooked through, about 3 minutes
Add the pasta, stock, remaining olive oil and cheese to the skillet, toss to coat
Add extra black pepper and cheese to taste, serve

I cooked the shrimp separately and added them to my bowl o pasta as my lovely wife does not dig seafood.

Comments