Review: The Godfather Part 2

Ok this I can review. Yes it is #32 on The List but I actually have something to say about it.

I liked it.

Let me elaborate. I started to watch this movie 5 times about 8 years ago and could never get past the part when they're in Cuba. I just couldn't do it. I think it was because I had just read the book so I was so stuck on the flashbacks, since it's really from the book, that the new stuff just didn't stick with me. So fast forward to now and we have the DVD in the player and we get to Cuba, still not loving the the new stuff and really enjoying the flashbacks, and then I actually pay attention to the part where Michael realizes Fredo has betrayed him (oops spoiler) and I'm hooked.

So, I don't love it as much as the original but it is still a great movie, go rent it if you haven't seen it.

Comments