Review: Talladega Nights

We were downtown having lunch with friends yesterday and after paying for 7 hours of parking at Union Station, good deal at only $5, we thought we'd catch a flick at the theater at the pavilions. Not too much was playing that we wanted to see or had not already seen. It was a toss up between Talladega Nights and Accepted, seeing as Talladega Nights would have better big screen affects that was the choice, oh and there was a cougar in it.

The movie was OK, not great, not horrible and I think better than Nacho Libre which we also saw this summer. The driving scenes were really well put together and as a NASCAR fan I appreciated that they got some drivers and both the NBC and Fox TV crews into the movie. Will Ferrell was of course good, he plays dumb very very well. I left the theatre not thinking that all the funny parts were in the previews or commercials but the more I thought about it not all the funny parts from those previews and commercials were actually in the movie either, is that false advertising?

So I give it 3 and a half stars plus one rocket ship on my non-existent scale of movie ratings, catch it at the cheap seats, it's worth it for the big screen but don't pay more than $7 to see it.

Comments

Marshall said…
YES - Another Nascar fan that is a Democrat. I grew up on Nascar and NHRA, I actually raced karts when I was younger. I have a 1957 Chevy and I love horsepower...