Mocking 2 million people

I did not watch it, we were putting back up the window coverings we could, more on that later tonight or tomorrow, but I got emails about it almost immediately afteward.  One thing I wanted to share from the Obama campaign specifically;

Both Rudy Giuliani and Sarah Palin specifically mocked Barack's experience as a community organizer on the South Side of Chicago more than two decades ago, where he worked with people who had lost jobs and been left behind when the local steel plants closed.

Let's clarify something for them right now.

Community organizing is how ordinary people respond to out-of-touch politicians and their failed policies.
I am volunteering with the Obama campaign in my neighborhood and it has been a great experience.  I have had a chance to meet folks from the neighborhood and make connections I would never have made otherwise.  This is not a campaign run from the top down, it is a campaign run by over 2 million volunteers who want to make a change in their communities.  When election season comes to an end on November 4th these people aren't just going to fade back into their previous lives.  We are going to continue to organize to make our communities a better place to grow up, live and retire in, regardless of the outcome of the election.

So I ask the McCain campaign to try to make this campaign about the issues, not the wedge issues that noone will change their minds on like the 2nd ammendment, Abortion and Gay Marriage, but about the issues affecting our communities on a daily basis like the economy, energy costs, roads, education, etc.  I am already talking to folks in my community about these issues, I hope the McCain campaign will join me.

Comments

Valina said…
It is great that you are volunteering!! I would volunteer here in Japan, but it would be like preaching to the choir . Most American in Japan are here because they are so fed up with GWB that they moved here just to physically get away from the guy!

But I would like to volunteer for the week that I am in America.
Jaded said…
sigh....i thought you were smarter than to get sucked in by the old propaganda machine. seems i was incorrect.

this will be my last comment to any politics-related posted. it makes my brain sad.

you know i love you and am proud of you for being involved.
James said…
what propaganda machine is that? The drill baby drill one? ;)
Jaded said…
that is the "drill baby drill" DANCE, not propaganda machine. sheesh!